Choosing Blinds For Getting A Different Window DressingSeptember 12, 2019
Modern homeowners are concerned about each and every detail in their homes. This includes the windows and the window dressings, as well. Today, a plethora of options are available for the windows, due to which it might often become confusing for you to select the right option. Moreover, window dressings are selected not only for their functional purposes, but also for decoration. Hence, the selection should be correctly done. For an attractive and modern look in your home, you can certainly consider the option of Blinds. It is true that these have been used traditionally, but they have become highly modernized in today’s date.
Better than the curtains
Conventionally, curtains have been used as one of the main forms of window treatments and dressings. However, many homeowners are shifting away from these conventional curtains and looking for other variations of window coverings. The Blinds are also one of them. In fact, they are better than the curtains in several ways.
1. Many curtains are unable to offer the contemporary look that you might want in improve your home. Hence, they fail to bring the appeal and ambience.
2. Curtains cannot provide you a combination of light and air together. However, a blind can provide you with both these things together.
You have the flexibility to decide the amount of sunlight you want in your room with a blind. You cannot expect to get a similar feature and functionality from the curtains.
3. Curtains cannot help you anyway with your heating and cooling bills. However, a blind is considered to be highly energy efficient, and you can make significant savings on your energy bills.
4. Traditional curtains are not meant to offer complete privacy.
5. Even cleaning a curtain is highly complicated, and you will make lots of effort in cleaning the curtain from time to time. On the other hand, you can clean the Blinds with just a piece of damp cloth and wipe it clean. It will not take long to complete the cleaning process.
6. There is often a possibility that you might tear a part of the curtain accidentally. Hence, durability of the curtain is less.This will not be the case with a blind.
The most popular option
Now that you have made up your mind to go for blinds, you need to understand that these are again available in varieties. Based on the types of windows you have, you can make a selection. However, the vertical ones are the most popular and in demand.
#1. If you have sliding doors or large glass windows, the vertical ones turn out to be excellent. In fact, they help in creating an aesthetic appeal, which you might not get in the horizontal ones.
#2. They are even affordable, and therefore you can easily find them within your budget.
#3. If you are looking for an attractive, sleek and simple way of enhancing the look of your windows, this is definitely the ideal option for you to consider.
#4. They can be easily adjusted to different positions and you can even adjust them to the left or right, as per your desire.
You will get them in hosts of materials and colors, due to which they are the versatile option for any home.
Suitable for your needs
As you are looking for a modern window treatment, you will find wide varieties of options in Blinds suitable for your needs. Ranging from Roman, bamboo, faux wood, and cellular window, you will indeed get plenty of varieties in them.